Equality & Diversity
Bruks Tree Surgery and Bruks Tree Carving are companies committed to providing services which embrace diversity and promote equality of opportunity.
As an employer, we are committed to equality and valuing diversity within the workforce.
Our goal is to ensure that these commitments, reinforced by our values, are embedded in our day-to-day working practices with all of our customers and colleagues.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, HIV positivity, working pattern, caring responsibilities, political beliefs – or any other grounds.
We will demonstrate our commitment by:
- promoting equality of opportunity and diversity within the communities in which we work and with all our workforce
- aiming to build a workforce which reflects our customer base, within the diverse communities in which we work, with the aim of having parity of representation across the workforce
- encouraging recruitment from groups currently under-represented in the department and their career progression once employed
- treating our customers, colleagues and partners fairly and with respect
- promoting an environment free from discrimination, bullying and harassment, and tackling behaviour which breaches this
- recognising and valuing the differences and individual contribution that people make
- providing support and encouragement to the workforce to develop their careers and increase their contributions to the organisation through the enhancement of their skills and abilities
- building in legislative requirements and best practice to all our service delivery and employee policies and procedures, and supporting these with appropriate training and guidance
Every person working for Bruks Tree Surgery has a personal responsibility for implementing and promoting these principles in their day-to-day dealings with everyone – including members of the public, other staff and employers. Inappropriate behaviour is not acceptable.